You will work in our Sustainable Energy and focus on technical expertise and managing Sustainable Energy Projects, primarily in the area of power sector planning and modelling but also in the area of policy, financing and regulation.
Your main tasks will be:
- Provision of technical expertise in the area of demand/load modelling/forecasting and generation expansion planning model; our focus is on the impact of renewable, but we consider also other technologies.
- Project Management
- Technical proposal elaboration
Project locations around the globe, services to be performed in head office in Bad Homburg and abroad.
- University degree engineering or economics, ideally in both
- Proven professional experience in studies and implementation of sustainable energy consultancy/advisory: ideally this shall include consultancy on demand/load forecasting or generation expansion planning modelling
- Previous experience regulation, planning and financial assessment is appreciated
- Some experience in MATLAB, Python or similar programming languages
- Knowledge of of one or several of the following models: power generation analysis models (e.g. Markal/Times, Wasp, Message or EnergyPlan), Eviews, Plexos, BEM or other software
- Ability to easily structure complex problems, translate into solvable software models and communicate results to stakeholders
- Interest for energy policy and regulatory issues
- Commercial awareness and good communication skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Fluent in English; fluent in French would be an additional valued advantage.
Beside your technical skills, you are communicative, responsible, ready to travel abroad, and an advanced user of MS Office. You like to look for innovative solutions, to learn new technologies and to take up challenges.
We are a German consulting engineers company, member of GOPA, one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe. We are mainly active in East and South-East Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. We offer you a full-time job to work in an interdisciplinary team and in a multicultural environment.