This position includes services in the areas of power system studies and analysis, system planning and operation, integration of renewable generation, Grid Code development and future power systems concepts like storage and smart grid technologies.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Working out of development technical proposals incl. concepts, methodologies, business requirements and processes
- Transmission and Distribution Network Development Plans and Master Plans
- Drafting Technical Policies and Grid Codes
- Project Management
- Development of training materials and providing training/capacity building
- Analysis and definition of the operational principles, calculation methods and assessment criteria
- Development and implementation of tools and procedures to support analysis and evaluation of the security of supply
- Realisation of studies for which either a specific or high level of technical power system expertise is required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering or Power Systems Engineer. A PhD in a related field is an asset.
- 5+ years of experience related to power system planning and operation
- Good understanding of power system fundamental and analyses (load-flow, short circuit, power system stability, EMT, power quality, protection coordination)
- Good knowledge of power system grid modelling
- Knowledge of software packages used for power system analyses (DIgSILENT PowerFactory, Siemens PSS®E, NEPLAN, or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (French is desirable)
- Pro-active personality, strong analytical and solid problem solving skills
- Creative, innovative and a lateral thinker, being able to deliver high quality products
- Passion for continuous development and change
- Ability to work in a truly international team, willingness to travel
We are a team with a mix of highly motivated career beginners and very experienced senior engineers guiding our young colleagues and transfer their knowledge. We are looking to fill a permanent full-time position at our company’s home office in Bad Homburg / Germany.